Tuesday 8 September 2009

suzanna majuri


amazing - i found some of her images in a bookshop in helsinki, they jumped out at me

in her words

I suggest: we can be multiple. Touch your enviroment and it
will show itself as fantastic. People are unpredictable. They
are male and female at the same time. Eyes whisper sparks.

The water is the most remarkable. It carries bodies. Water is
colour. The shimmer and the deep green. My challenge is to
see the reality in a non-traditional light. When I am shooting
pictures, I have a premonition that something strange is about
to happen.

I follow the logic of colours, when I combine places, people
and objects. To me the most important quality of photography
is it´s capability to convey emotions.

I suggest: imagine the details a bit further. Who is drawing
trees in to the pond. When you touch the surface of the house
it turns out to be your companion.

I throw myself into a fictive reality in the shootings. My heart
beats wildly when I can feel the presence of surprises. When
you´re in love, but bid farewell to the channel. You forgot the
ship and it sinks. When the fall is unreachable behind the grey
sorrow.

I want to narrate feelings like in novels. The reader of images
gets a chance to handle her lost and encounters. There is a
place for danger. Did you die when you saw the shadow of the
bird?

The language is a map and draws around us, unknown and
familiar.

I believe in a single image. It breaths strong.

No comments: